Sunday, November 30, 2008

Halloween and Thanksgiving..etc

It has been a while since I have written so I will do a quick update. Halloween was a lot of fun. At work we all dressed up as " Where's Waldo" characters. At night Tony and I dressed as Jedi's and went out to dinner with our neighbors Ryan and Sarah Shaw. After dinner we came home and played the Wii. Last year we only got 2 trick or treaters, this year we got about 7 or 8 groups of kids. We were so excited to actually have kids come, plus we didn't have all that leftover candy like last year.





Thanksgiving did not go so well. This year was our year to go to Tony's parents house. They had invited us over to dinner. Throughout the day the time for us to come out was delayed a couple of times. When we finally got to go out it was 6:45 and there was no dinner as we had thought there would be, since we had been invited for "dinner". We got home at about 8:30 and made a quick trip to Walmart to buy what we could to still try to have a little Thanksgiving dinner together. It was a sad little dinner, but oh well we did our best. I think maybe someday I will be able to look back at it and laugh. On Saturday (Nov 29) we went down to SLC together and did a little Christmas shopping. We also had some gift cards to The Roof Restaurant from my work so we got to go there for dinner. It was so good, and it was so beautiful and romantic to have the SLC temple right outside the window next to us. I think that The Roof definitely made up for the Thanksgiving mishap. Tony and I also went to Gateway and wandered around a bit before our dinner reservation, we walked past Build-A-Bear and spontaneously decided to go in and make some bears. It was a lot of fun, and I am glad that we did it even though it's mostly for kids :)

Well that is the update for now. I will try to write more often than once every 2-3 months...oops :) I am also considering changing this to a private blog, so if you want to be able to read it please send me your email address.




1 comment:

Josiah & Mandy Smith Family said...

Ali- so much for you writing more often. I love all these pictures!